90g RR build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks hank. Now to find a clam, that's my next addition I think. I've always liked them and think its time. I'm leaning towards an ultra blue maxima. The trouble will be finding one.

Thanks hank. Now to find a clam, that's my next addition I think. I've always liked them and think its time. I'm leaning towards an ultra blue maxima. The trouble will be finding one.

Check saltwater fish.,com. They had black/white ones. I picked one up. Amazing. If not,check live aquaria in the divers den for your perfect match.

Check saltwater fish.,com. They had black/white ones. I picked one up. Amazing. If not,check live aquaria in the divers den for your perfect match.

The problem I face is that I live in Canada and can't get livestock shipped here. I've already posted on a local forum and will call the LFS this week to see if someone can hook me up.

Well not really anything new to report. The tank is looking good. The bubble tip and clowns are happy living in symbiosis. The engineer actually moved homes to live under the clowns in the anemone. The upgrade in powerheads still has me smiling also, these things are powerful, quiet and generally awesome. I'm working out of town again during the week so I don't get to enjoy things as much as I would like however I did come up with a small remedy. I have a webcam that's part of our home security system set up on a tripod infront of the tank so I can pull it up on my iPhone app and see how things are doing.

Well things with the tank continue to improve. Had some issues with my skimmer so after a vinegar bath it is working awesome again. The anemone has grown which is good to see. I also added a mandarin last weekend, thanks to my father in law. He wasn't as scrupulous as I would have been and he got a really skinny one. The plus side is that it's settled in and is eating himself back into shape. Also had a buddy that trimmed his chaeto and brought me some. Mine hasn't really grown much and seems to be really tightly wound together, his is a lot more loose and it was a huge chunk that has already grown noticeably. I think I may start adding some coral back into the mix and get this tank looking like a reef again.

Well I have news to report. I got some new coral!!!!!!!

I got some frags from a fellow reefer and some nice ones at that.
True auzzie ultra green Duncan-3 head
Candy cane-3 head
Forest fire digi- actually nice size frag
Fire and ice milli- also good size
Ponape birdsnest
Validia acro- absolutely awesome!!
Strawberry shortcake- 3 small pieces on a single plug.

So far all corals open and appear happy. Even built myself a little frag rack this morning to hold them. Pics to follow.

Ya I always liked the bonsai that is pretty much the same. I saw the validia and started drooling. Anyways enough talk more pics huh lol.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388261451.215349.jpgheres the Duncan, I have to find him a happy spot hence his separation from the rest of the frags. I have a primo spot in mind.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388261569.414534.jpg
And here left to right is the candy cane, fire and ice milli (color is really nice from above) and the validia acro.

All the frags are only partially opened from moving them to rack but man I love em. So nice to have some coral in the tank to watch grow.

Well, it's been a week and the coral is doing alright. The forest fire digi isn't looking so hot but everything else is looking great. I did a water change and also think my lights might be contributing. The coral was under Radions running at 30% so I think the forest fire is having issues adjusting. I turned the lights down and already see the digi opening up more. I also just ordered some new stuff, nothing super cool just little things. My father in law needed new bulbs so we ordered those and piggy backed some stuff for me on the order. I'm getting an aqualifter pump for my ATO aswell as an eshopps coral viewer so I can look down on my little aquarium world from above.

Well my new stuff showed up, super fast too. So I got the aqualifter installed and man is it a big difference. The maxijet I was using for the ATO before was so loud, I can't even hear the aqualifter. I also got the coral viewer and FYI the medium one I HUGE. They didn't have sizes listed on the site I ordered from and I assumed medium was the size if seen in the stores, I was wrong they had the small ones. The medium one is 8" and man is it cool to look down on the tank, things look so much nicer from that angle. I snapped a pic of my nem and my female clown, the colors don't show very well I'm still trying to find a way to get good pictures. The blue just washes the color out so bad. The nem looks really sharp in person with nice green disk/tentacle bases and bright red and pink tips.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389331958.171383.jpg

Cool. I know what you mean the rbtas look really nice under the blues. You could run the pictures through a photo software but that takes time lol. New app invention: aquarium photo filter!

I actually was reminded of a trick I knew and since forgot, sunglasses are a good filter for taking pics.

But anyways that being said I have more news, new stuff!!!!!

I did a trip to the city and picked up a couple new fish. First is an orange spot diamond goby, lost one to the first crash and another to the second crash. Great fish, great sand sifters and I am stoked to have another one. The other is a half black mimic tang, there were other nice tangs in the shop but they get much larger than the mimic so I got the mimic.
I also took a chance with an emerald crab as I am getting some bubble algae. Ill post pics later or tomorrow depending on if the lights are still on. My father in law got a one spot foxface today also, I love foxface and miss my old one. If they would have had 2 I would have gotten that instead of the tang.

Back
Top Bottom