A big thank you to rivercats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
So there was a few people who got together and sent our resident plant guru a :thanks: gift of :flowers:. Well we decided to keep the celebration going:band::dance:. This thread is for everyone that she has helped out along the way to say :thanks:. It would be awesome to see either before and after pictures, current pictures and even videos of what she has helped you with weather it be fish, plants, equipment and whatever else. It is awesome that we have someone so kind, with so much expertise and zen yet is willing to share it with us. Here is the article from her TOTM Award January 2013 TOTM: Rivercats' 220 gallon Planted Community - Aquarium Advice. Congradulations (i know its a few month late but i did not yet know you then lol).

So ll start by saying thank you for helping me with planting my wifes 20g i have never been good at growing plants but with your advice I am confident that this will be a success. Here is a panoramic shot of the tankshe helped me with.

67188-albums11995-picture56321.jpg

this was taken just the other day and the myrio "red" tuberculatum is already showing some of the colors it should be.

Last edited:
Just saw this!!

Yes I'd also like to thank Janis for dealing with my OCD and constant emails and PM's about this and that and this and that and why this and why that and... Well you get the point.

Not to take anything away from others who have helped me as well...

Janis is a valued member here and went IMO way way way above and beyond!!

Thank you again Janis for all you have done and continue to do.

You should know your very much appreciated here at AA.

Rivercats! Some poeple just make life nicer.

Janis,
Even though I've had fish for many years, I never had a true planted tank like I always wanted until I met you and many others in AA. As we journey through this adventure into the really serious planted tank, it is really reassuring knowing you are there for us.
I can't thank you enough for your help and good conversation. If I can ever do anything for you, just holler.
Here's my work in progress, pride and joy thanks to your help.
Brian (Old Scales)
:thanks:

Attachments

• DSCF1002.jpg
    DSCF1002.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 32
Thank you Janis for allllllllllllllllllll the help you have given me! Someday I hope to be even half as smart as you, and be able to help lots of people here on AA and in person.
You're just so wonderful, and I wish I could give you a big hug for all the help :)

Rivercats is amazing! I see so many comments from her giving great advice and helping people figure out their planted tanks, it truly is awesome.

I am sure I've gotten advice from her occasionally as well, so THANK YOU!

You guys are making me blush and at my age that doesn't happen too often! But thank you all and again thanks for the beautiful flowers! IMO this forum is for helping and sharing with others and I wish back in the day there had been something like this available since I had to learn as I went along. But the journey has always been fun for me and even after all these years I obviously still enjoy it. I'm glad I have been a help so you too can enjoy underwater gardening as much as I do!

Thank you I have been horrible at terrestrial plants I can barley keep my wife's miniature roses from wilting and my basils have about had it but with your help I'm sure imm make my planted tanks a success.

I'm not to good with all the sappy stuff so I'll just say thank you J! And this is what I said when I found out about the whole thing "[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Very very cool! So thankful you've included me in this and I know she'll be really touched by the gesture. She deserves it, she was the only one who could explain the PPS -pro method where I could actually understand it and then she walked me through it step by step week by week until my nutrient levels were where they should be. Such a cool group of people on this forum!"[/FONT]

That was such a nice gesture by Brian and Dino to send you flowers and to include others in their idea was very kind and thoughtful. I was surprised but honoured to be included in it. Well done lads....
I am preparing to set-up a medium planted 15g and have already bombarded Janis with tons of dumbass questions, which she has ALWAYS replied to and explained in a manner which even my fish could understand....haha. I'm a complete noob when it comes to plants and when I read some of the posts on the planted section, I may as well be reading Chinese. In my opinion you are PRICELESS, you explain everything so well. You are polite, respectful, patient and very much loved, treasured and very highly regarded in this forum. You have been and always will be my first port of call. Don't you even dare even think of retiring any time soon!!!!...Thanks for all your help Janis, Ian

All greatly deserved and thank you all for being a over if this great forum and for participating and helping others!

This right here is what separates us from the other forums! This truly is a family...

God bless the angel of aqua planting that is rivercats!! Thanks for the über helpful plant id and care knowledge that you so graciously share with us that are obsessed with your tank!!

Even though planted is in my name, I'm not near the expertise of Rivercats and many others on this forum. I'm probably better at breeding African Cichlids. This is my first planted tank btw. I'm still making threads about plants! Rivercats is very helpful to all of us and she is an expert in plants. She could probably write a book about plants if she wanted to. Thanks Janis!

Thanks Rivercats for showing me and every other newbie how keep planted tanks! Learned so much thanks

Back
Top Bottom