A birthday salvaged....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShawnKC

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today is my 59th birthday and I had planned to go to Maryland to spend a few days with my son and his family but something came up and they had to cancel. One bright light is that when the mail came, there was a box addressed to me which contained an unrelated pair of electric blue crayfish about 1.5" long. The male is a fairly bright blue but the female is almost a transparent pretty pale blue. Luckily I had just moved my large blue cray into his own 18 gallon species tank last week so now they have their own large 30 gallon tank with no threats.
Once I adapted them to the aquarium water they made themselves at home and were soon eating. The female likes to hang on the filter intake tube and snag food from the cage.

happy birthday! im hoping to get a marbled cray soon, but only so i can breed feeders for my large cichlids. enjoy ur crays!

Thanks for the b'day wishes. Here's a shot of my adult male Procambarus alleni, the two juvenile P. alleni are too small and well hidden to photograph.

Attachments

• DSCN3918.jpg
    DSCN3918.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 102
ShawnKC said:
Thanks for the b'day wishes. Here's a shot of my adult male Procambarus alleni, the two juvenile P. alleni are too small and well hidden to photograph.

Ok, now I REALLY want a cray. He looks awesome!!!

WOW!

Happy belated birthday!

BEAUTIFUL, I love those. I got one of those for my fishkeeping friend for her birthday, a long while ago, and the cray lived for years, now gone, she is still around though, LOL!!!

Hope you have your family time soon!

Back
Top Bottom