A bit of an addiction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafecci

Aquarium Advice Activist
From an early pic/post I was excited about my clown finding the GBT anem, but now I'm a bit worried. It's been a few days and it hasnt hardly left the anem???? He is not swimming with the other clown. I had to "shoe" him a way from the anem so I could feed it and he was ALL out gaurding of it! The other clown isn't allowed to go anywhere near it without a fight. Is that normal?

When a clown starts hosting an anemone or anything else it will defend it's home. If the two clowns aren't paired up then yes it is very normal for them to fight. There is no guarantee that they will pair up either. Also feeding the GBTA is not necessary, it will get most of its energy from the lighting and food particles floating in the water column when you feed the fish.

What kind of lighting do you have on the tank?

The lighting is a 30w T8 with an aquarium reflector base. I know I need more lighting (its on my wish list). I thought the GBTA would hang out at the top of the tank till I got upgraded but its happy as a pie and moved from the top where it put it to mid-tank. I have no coral (other than a mushroom that came on LR) Everything looks happy in the tank. My mushroom spent a day or two stretching out for the light but I moved it up about half way and she lays out beautiful now and if I leave the lights on later at night she will shrink up to say "i've had enough".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom