A blue fish that will do well in hard, high PH water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartinBlank

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does one exist?

I have a 75 gallon community tank. I have red / yellow covered with a group of Pineapple Platys and a group of Glowlight Tetras. I also have a group of Peppered Corys.

I have tried Cardinal Tetras (and in fact currently have 4 in there, the survivors) but they just don't do well (no surprise I suppose).

So a blue or green type fish (or even a different color that will contrast well with the Platys and Glowlights) that can do well in high PH / hard water? Any ideas? Must be good in a community of course.

Thanks!

Depends on just how much "Blue" you're looking for. The only completely blue community fish that I can think of is the powder blue dwarf gourami, but those lean more towards the softer water.

You could also look at Zebra Danios. They are very hardy and their stripes are blue but they are small fish so it's not really a "powerful" blue.

You could also try picking up a few Male guppies that have blue tails - you'd just have to be careful to make sure the guppies don't try mating with your Platys. :)

How hard is the water?

Properly acclimated, most fish should do well as long as it's not extreme.

I'm sure there are tons more, but here's what comes to mind immediately...

Blue- Kerri tetra, emperor tetra, kamaka rainbow, bosemani rainbow
Green- Green Fire tetra

Back
Top Bottom