A Few DP/Tank Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a few questions that hopefully all you wonderful people can answer for me!

I have 1 Dwarf Puffer in a 5.5g tank, filtered, heated, everything in control!

But... Joey (the DP) looks to have lost weight within the past month. He was all chunky and normal sized when I got him about a month ago, however he's skinny now and I am concerned. Here's the feeding regiment: live bloodworms almost every day (about 2-3 depending on how quickly his tummy starts to become round), snails every 3rd day or so, and 1 skip day every week. I'm thinking that I need to put more things in there or something, I've tried frozen brine shrimp, pieces of shrimp, and frozen blackworms... nothing is eaten... Any ideas? I don't like his skinny state, I'm really hoping that he isn't sick!

Now that the important question is out of the way, I have some frivolous ones!

-Does anyone have the Marina S10 Power Filter? I'm thinking about getting it for my tank, but I can't seem to find the GPH anywhere, and I need to over filter. Would you think that it would keep up with a messy puffer? Any other suggestions for small filters (also, be reasonable with the price I'm not buying a $35+ filter...)

-I know something is missing in the tank, but I cannot seem to figure out what needs to be added. It doesn't seem full enough...
img_2112506_0_ed782fe8db3dfd34820b3fe5e087cc0e.jpg

-Lastly, any ideas on how to get rid of this algae? Here's the current set up:
6-7hrs photo period
Biweekly doses of Flourish
x2 30% PWC each week
Pictures of the Algae:
img_2112506_1_f0cc8f48bdefe6d946a15e46e9b7d9ad.jpg

img_2112506_2_8a3b682d0db225587b3fbdd67440a8a8.jpg

img_2112506_3_1cce7d69e69e7e88f928a7d8070dec2c.jpg

Thanks a ton for any help that you can supply!

Skinny puffer = internal parasites. Use Prazipro or Jungle meds. Very common to find skinny puffer at LFS.

You need to add tall plants and plants with broad leaves.

Back
Top Bottom