A Few Plants Browning, Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coltrane9

Aquarium Advice Regular
First of all, I'm not 100% what this plant in question is. I believe it's Anubias?
I just picked up a variety of stuff.

I've had it in my tank before, and I added it again this time when I recently re-did the tank.

Both times it's started browning, and I'm not sure why.
My lighting is just the 2 florescent stock bulbs that came with the Perfecto Hoods.
And then I also have a Marineland LED Double Bright sitting on top of a glass top.

You can kind of see it looking brown in these pictures.
Too much light? Too little? Too close to the light?
I also add in some Tetra-Flora(?) this green liquid additive for plants.

15yf6kz.jpg

radf2v.jpg

Now that you said it, I remember it being water sprite

mine is doing the same thing, the leaves changing colour on me, I'm not certain it's the light, however, but then my water's a bit messed up so I can't gauge what's causing what just now. You might consider spreading out your stems a bit, see if a little less crowding helps any at all.

I'd check up close and make sure it's not diatoms, spread out the stems a bit if you can so they get more light around the bottom. Upgrading the lights should be in the future plans if you want to get really serious about planted tanks.

I don't really have much experience with the marineland LEDs, i've read conflicting reports about their success (or lack thereof) in planted tanks, so I'd google that one.

Back
Top Bottom