a funny question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i was at work tonight (at a lfs) and a guy come in to the store he wonders around the store for some time and i go up to him and ask him if i can help him with some thing. he asked me how much force it would it take to shatter a 55 gal tank. i ask why and he said that he would like to put a tank in his kids room. i was like well if you are looking for lbs per sq inch i cant tell you, so i ask some other people around the store some people that might know how much force it would take maybe some one out there has done it. no one had and idea but i told him that the kid could through like a rubber ball or some thing at it and nothing would happen to it but if they tossed like a metal truck at it it just might chip or shatter. i then told him that he might just want to look at acrylic tank. he said no he wants glass. and he was then saying that maybe he might have to make a cover that fits all around the tank would of plexy glass to protect the tank from fly things. now i am thinking to my self for all that work and money is that really worth it? tell me am i just missing some thing?

Perhaps he needs the extra weight of the glass aquarium to keep his house from blowing away in a wind storm.

Either way, it might be feasible to buy a sheet of fairly thin acrylic to make a small wall a few inches in front of the tank for not much $.

tank in his kids room... hmmmmmm... if he's really that concerned and his kids are really that crazy or troublesome than placing any tank in the kids room would be a very bad idea. kids are amazing at finding ways to break or ruin things. Just not a good idea at all...
and Roger, not to sound picky but you might want to ckeck the grammar of your signature

Back
Top Bottom