A funny...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A neighborhood child went into my unoccupied house as we were out front & dumped 1/2 each of TWO packages of food into my 29g tank. After I discovered the incident several minutes later, I was able to skim some of floating pellets off the top & retrieve the sinking wafers. I can't help but LAUGH! I showed the mother whom I'm friendly with & the child apologized. I guess I'll be locking the doors when we're outside!!

A neighborhood child went into my unoccupied house as we were out front & dumped 1/2 each of TWO packages of food into my 29g tank. After I discovered the incident several minutes later, I was able to skim some of floating pellets off the top & retrieve the sinking wafers. I can't help but LAUGH! I showed the mother whom I'm friendly with & the child apologized. I guess I'll be locking the doors when we're outside!!
When my daughter was younger(4yrs), she poured a bottle of probiotic yogurt into my goldfish tank. Needless to say none of the fish survived. Funny now, not at the time though!!!

My son fed my sister's goldfish red kool aide when he was little. Didn't hurt the fish thank goodness.

What kind of neighborhood do you live in where random children just walk right into your house? Lol when you told the parents were they even aware that they had a child?

Ha ha ha... All funny replies guys!!

What kind of neighborhood do you live in where random children just walk right into your house? Lol when you told the parents were they even aware that they had a child?

Yes, ha ha... they have 3, this is the middle 1. I have 3 as well. This child does spend quite a bit of time at our house, I guess she felt comfy. I think she does have behavioral issues but I don't discuss it w/ the mom. The mom is great about owning up & making kids apologize, I appreciate that. I kinda live in a crazy neighborhood! Been here 2 years & I'm still not fully used to it but it's getting easier. There's several kids in the neighborhood that will just walk in. So officially, I've decided I'm locking doors even if I'm w/in few feet of that door!

I'll also be doing daily water changes on my 29g moderately planted tank w/ Eco-complete substrate for quite awhile. Urrggggh. My kid's tank woulda been easier to deal w/ this situation with and I'm REALLY glad it wasn't the 75g saltwater tank!! And eh, it's a good excuse for me to give this tank some extra attention.

Back
Top Bottom