A horrid massacre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I just stripped my Lab female....She was about 8 days holding so I got eggs with tiny flippers. So into the egg tumbler they went. All was fine and I adjusted the airstone to gently tumble the eggs. So I suction cuped the tumbler in place and went to make the kids some lunch. When I came back to the tank every single egg was gone and ALL of the cichlids in the tank were staring up at the egg tumbler with a dumb look on thier face. Well after investagation I determined that they nipped the eggs thru the nylon filter at the bottom. I should have put the tumbler in the fry tank or came up with a better way to isolate the eggs from the rest of the fish....Man I had 26 yellow labs too!!!!!Oh well I hope it helps someone else:banghead:

That is a bummer indeed. My lab just released this morning, so I've got to rescape the DT so I can move her back in there out of the fry tank. I do feel your pain however, as I lost her first batch (with the exception of a single fry) to something one of the students dumped into the fry tank.

Back
Top Bottom