A note on Black Skirt Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Icthyological Person

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is just I word of advice for those wishing to start an aquarium or looking for a hardy fish. I recommend the Black Skirt Tetra. These fish are very hardy, adaptable, and enjoyable. Despite ammonia problems, and a high pH, my Tetras are fine. I lost an oto and 3 cories, yet my Tetras are not only surviving, but seem to be thriving. I have cories, dwarf gouramis, and an oto I used to have 2 but my other one died), but my Tetras never pick on them I still would keep them in a group of at least five or six, as they pick on each other sometimes and may take it out on other fish if no other tetras are present. These are the perfect aquarium fish and I would like everyone to know that.:D

Good post, You should right a review on a website about it :).

But keep in mind that they can be nippers. Not very often can the be with longfined fish such as angelfish, but I guess it depends on the individual tetra as I have 3 longfin Blackskirts with my angelfish in my 30 gallon.

Tyler

Good post, You should right a review on a website about it :).

But keep in mind that they can be nippers. Not very often can the be with longfined fish such as angelfish, but I guess it depends on the individual tetra as I have 3 longfin Blackskirts with my angelfish in my 30 gallon.

Tyler

Thanks for the compliments.Mine are the long finned variety too, called Hi-fin Black Skirt Tetra. If you have three they might be kind of lonely, I've got six with no problem at all. Don't they look like mini-piranhas at feeding time?

They have done fine for 6 months in there , but I am soon to get rid of all the fish in my 30 gallon to get new ones, so the Black skirts will going to a nice home with a bunch of other friends ;)

Yes they do look like piranhas when I feed them, I think they almost jump out of the water when theres food.

Tyler

Back
Top Bottom