A question about Restocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bustergrill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you guys think could go in my 29 gallon tank that has one rainbow shark, one angelfish, and 2 giant danios. I was thinking maybe I could get a school of 5-6 rummynose tetras

What do you guys think could go in my 29 gallon tank that has one rainbow shark, one angelfish, and 2 giant danios. I was thinking maybe I could get a school of 5-6 rummynose tetras

You need to pump the giant danios to 6. After that your pretty much stocked...

My angelfish is super duper not agressive, so not worried about that, my rainbow shark freaks out and chases anyone new to the tank, but oly for a while then he gets used to them and stops. And my danios are fine at two they are happy and I have had them like that for about 9 months. Knowing that should I still get the giant danios more compadres? Also' would they, my current danios, freak out and chase the new danios if i add some or will they just assimilate them into a big danio group And not care

My angelfish is super duper not agressive, so not worried about that, my rainbow shark freaks out and chases anyone new to the tank, but oly for a while then he gets used to them and stops. And my danios are fine at two they are happy and I have had them like that for about 9 months. Knowing that should I still get the giant danios more compadres? Also' would they, my current danios, freak out and chase the new danios if i add some or will they just assimilate them into a big danio group And not care

They might, but I don't think they would bother the new ones, and they would prolly be even more happy with more

Because rainbow sharks get more aggressive as they get older (and need a way bigger tank than a 29) it's going to attempt to kill everything in that tank. Danios can get away, and the angelfish can hold its own, so I would just bump on the danios and call it good. You could probably get 5-6 cories. 8 even if u wanted to. Another school may work to (tetra/danio).

-Andrew

I would just get a few more danios and a small school of cories. Then you are well stocked and slightly overstocked once your angel and RS get bigger. My Rainbow is really nice and peaceful but I had a BN pleco in with him for a bit and he would just attack him and chase like crazy, I removed the pleco to a different tank..it was on the only pleco though, every other fish is fine..must have something againt plecos.

Back
Top Bottom