A Question For the Light Experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
Alright. I have a 20x20x10 aquarium.

I want to keep mainly zoanthids, playthoas, some LPS, and a few variations of SPS. Also i want to keep one maxi mini anemone.

I want to retrofit 2 18" Current T5HO fixtures together. So that would be about 72Watts of T5HO light over roughly 9.5" of water. Lost a half inch from the overflow.

Will i be able to keep the livestock i mentioned above? Also, will i run in to any cover issues? As in, will these two lights give me enough coverage throughout the whole footprint of the tank?

I was also thinking of running 3 12k bulbs, and then one 420nm bulb for coral color. Would that be too little actinic to see nice colors? Would i have to equalize the colors? As in, 2 12k bulbs and then 2 420nm bulbs? I could also go 2 12k bulbs, 1 460nm and 1 420nm, although i don't know what kind of color that would produce.

On another note... I hear T5's really give zoanthids great colors, and i am wondering if this is true since i intend on keeping mainly zoanthids.

Thank you to anyone that reads this. Much appreciated.

That is plenty of light. it will be very white, you are right. Reefbrite LED would help.

Ok cool. I was also thinking.. UVL just came out with new 18" bulbs for the NEP and other 20" Nova fixtures so i'm thinking i would go with those 12k's and then a uvl super actinic bulb, if i decide to go T5. Not sure though... Looking in to what lighting system would give me the best colors for zoanthids.

Back
Top Bottom