A Quiet Air Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best of luck to you! Oh and remember, just because you have, say, a 30 gallon tank doesn't mean you need a pump rated for that size. I have one rated for 10 gallons and running a 24 inch bubble wall as well as a sponge filter in a 30 gallon and it handles that fine.

Best of luck to you! Oh and remember, just because you have, say, a 30 gallon tank doesn't mean you need a pump rated for that size. I have one rated for 10 gallons and running a 24 inch bubble wall as well as a sponge filter in a 30 gallon and it handles that fine.

Oh. I didn't know that. I bought a huge one because it was for my new 46, my largest tank!

I even have a smaller one on hand!

Thank you!

No problem! Yeah a bigger one would definitely make more noise. Depending on what you're running off of it, a 10 ought to get you where you're going

Boy...have I been down THIS road way too many times...:nono: :rolleyes:

From my vast experience experimenting with these air pumps, the Rena are pretty quiet and so are the Tetra Whispers, believe it or not -- however, I found the Tetra pumps to be built not worth a whole lot, and if you can believe this, I am now actually running a Top Fin (Petsmart's house brand, which is actually rebranded materials and products for their stores) AIR-8000 model, which is their largest one, and while RIDICULOUSLY loud, noisy, buzzy and annoying, it is supplying my two bubble bars with the effect I was after (i.e. LOTS of cascading bubbles in a curtain along the back of the tank)...

Downgrading!

Boy...have I been down THIS road way too many times...:nono: :rolleyes:

From my vast experience experimenting with these air pumps, the Rena are pretty quiet and so are the Tetra Whispers, believe it or not -- however, I found the Tetra pumps to be built not worth a whole lot, and if you can believe this, I am now actually running a Top Fin (Petsmart's house brand, which is actually rebranded materials and products for their stores) AIR-8000 model, which is their largest one, and while RIDICULOUSLY loud, noisy, buzzy and annoying, it is supplying my two bubble bars with the effect I was after (i.e. LOTS of cascading bubbles in a curtain along the back of the tank)...

I downgraded my air pumps and now have one that can run everything, a Hydro Sponge and a silly LED bubble wand, without being loud!:dance:

Thank you!

No problem, Mary; I'd love to see what your LED bubble wand looks like...do you have it set up yet?

No problem, Mary; I'd love to see what your LED bubble wand looks like...do you have it set up yet?

I am cycling two tanks right now, a 10g dirted and a 46, just started last weekend. I know that bubbles aren't good for a planted tank--but they make me smile and some fish love to play in the bubbles. The LED light show is purely for me!

Attachments

• image-1650726777.jpg
    image-1650726777.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1063474479.jpg
    image-1063474479.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 66
I am cycling two tanks right now, a 10g dirted and a 46, just started last weekend. I know that bubbles aren't good for a planted tank--but they make me smile and some fish love to play in the bubbles. The LED light show is purely for me!

Oh, I know the fish love to play in the bubbles -- my goldfish love just letting themselves be pushed up naturally by the bubbles coming from my dual 18" Petco bars in back...it's pretty funny to watch...

What brand of LED bubblers did you get? I can't really get a good idea of what your LEDs look like -- do you have a pic with your room lights turned off?

Oh, I know the fish love to play in the bubbles -- my goldfish love just letting themselves be pushed up naturally by the bubbles coming from my dual 18" Petco bars in back...it's pretty funny to watch...

What brand of LED bubblers did you get? I can't really get a good idea of what your LEDs look like -- do you have a pic with your room lights turned off?

I think they are both Topfin.

Attachments

• image-4285648962.jpg
    image-4285648962.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 121
Thank you for providing the darkened pic -- I don't know what to make of these LEDs as of yet...what color is it supposed to be?

Back
Top Bottom