A tale of two bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have 3 bettas one in a 20g one in a 10g and one in a 5g. The other day I noticed some type of worm swimming in my 5g. So I took my betta out of the 5g and put him in a frynet in my 20g with my other betta and gourami. Whale I was cleaning out the tank and inspecting it for more worms I glanced at my 20g and noticed the betta wasn't in the net. So naturally I go to get him out before a fight. As I was trying to find my big net I noticed, the betta in the 5g was in the corner and the gourami was trying to go after it, but the most surprising thing was the other betta chased off the gourami and stayed beside the 5g betta and even attacked the net when I tried to separate them. Normally the betta from the 20g is very sociable but whale the 5g betta was around he wouldn't let any other fish close to them. Fun little story I wanted to share with y'all ^_^ thanks for reading. And the bettas are back in their homes and all is back to normal.

Keep calm and drum on

Wow! Good story except for the worm part. Did you figure out what it was?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think it was some sort is parasite. It was small and stringy and looked like an insect larva of some kind. It's all gone now and I'm keeping an eye out for more

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom