AA Member Biographies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol...it's very parent approved..this is the only fourm i am aloud to post in :wink:

:D Shannon, you just had to get some kudos for starting this thread. It's great!

Im Jim. I recently moved to Virginia (near Williamsburg), from Idaho, with my family to take a new job. I work for a company called Infineon Technologies, which makes computer memory chips, as an equipment technician in the Photolithography fab. I've been working in the field for about 5 years and have a background in radio communications electronics with related college and work history that spans more than ten years. I am soon to be 33 years old (April 26th) and have a beautiful (very hot :D ) 24 year old, Italian wife named Khiarra, a 7 year old son, 4 year old daughter and a newly arrived 4 month old daughter whos lovely picture can be seen in on the left :lol: I grew up with fish in the household but just recently got into the hobby myself a little over a year ago. I keep freshwater tanks and am trying my hand at heavily planted tanks now. I am collecting components to get into the saltwater hobby but am not in a hurry to make the dive just yet. In addition to aquaria I enjoy computers and gaming, car racing (both drag racing and autocross) playing guitars, photography, collecting music and am restoring a 1972 Ford F100 Pickup that my grandfather left me.

All you Austinites will have to let me know where to go to wind down....Ill be there from April 3rd to the 8th for some company training. Hope its warm!

Well, I thought I might be able to be the first canuck to post in here but luncbox beat me to it. (nice work) My name is Craig and I'm 25 years old. I'm married to my beautiful wife Jodi. Our 2 year anniversary is coming up on March 19. Interesting fact: We were married in mexico and our wedding day is the same day the U.S. invaded/attacked Iraq. (at least it's something to help me remember the day) I have two tanks, a 5gal for our betta indigo and a brand new 75gal that is still settling in. (I need to see if enough bacteria got transfered into it before going any further) We have no kids but a brat cat named Toffee who I love to death and is a "daddys girl". I sell for a home builder and have a degree in construction engineering technology. I am lovin this site and post everyday, I think I've seen ALL the fw pictures and everyone here provides me with the knowledge to make my wife think I know all there is too know about fish, ha but I don't... not even close, just don't tell her that.... Thanks

very itneresting bio...what is a canuck??

happy early anniversary!

it is a canadian. I think the name was a little more known in the 70s when the canada downhill ski team were known as the "crazy canucks" Also the vancouver canucks.

Hi, My name is Bill. I've got three teenage boys one who starts college next year. I've been married to my wonderful wife for 19 yrs. I pay the bills by being a technology geek for a law firm in Philadelphia. When I'm not working I enjoy photography, home improvements, and of course my aquarium. I also run a Tivo and Photography enthusiast forums.

I've always had aquiriums. As a teen I had three 10 gallon tanks in my room with charcoal filters. I got out of it while I was in the military but shortly after getting married we picked up a 60 gallon hex tank. I stocked it with bala sharks and purple tinfoil barbs. But it came time to move and I had to give it up. Jump ahead ten years and I've started up again. Now it's a 72 gallon bowfront.

I'm looking forward to spending lots of time here.

Oops forgot one thing. I'm a die hard Flyers fan. :)

Okay, here it goes...My name is Brian. I live in a Southern subarb of Minneapolis, MN. I am married and we have our first child on the way. We have two cats, a dog, a hedge hog and fish. I work as a paramedic and supervisor for an ambulance company. I grew up in Norht West Iowa and went to Iowa State University (Go Cyclones!) and majored in Psychology. Had a "real job" for about a year after graduating and hated it. I moved to Sioux Falls, SD to attend Paramedic school and that has been my carreer ever since. Outside of work I enjoy my fish, music, movies, backpacking, sea kayaking, cooking and ust spending time with family and friends.

For a job, i am a professional cook/chef. Infact i have gone to school for it. If you ever need a recipe for anything let me know and i will do my best to help you out. I have helped some people out with their culinary dilemas already with great results.

This is great to know Blaine. I'm gonna take you up on this. :D

BrianNY said:
For a job, i am a professional cook/chef. Infact i have gone to school for it. If you ever need a recipe for anything let me know and i will do my best to help you out. I have helped some people out with their culinary dilemas already with great results.

Really?? PM's forthcoming...

Everyone is so interesting. I feel dull in comparison, but here goes..
My name is Feather (yes it's my real name) I am 26, soon to be 27. We live just outside Shelton WA, its about a half hour from the capital (Olympia). I have been married for almost 7 years. I stay at home with my 5 year old daughter. I have worked mostly in retail, but I am a licensed cosmetologist. I have no desire to go back to work but I probably will once my daughter starts kindergarten. Aside from my ever growing passion for aquaria, I love all kinds of crafts, photography, reading. I like growing things, but not as successful at it as I would like to be. :D

Meredith said:
I stay at home with my 5 year old daughter

If your 5 year is anything is anything like my 2 and 4 year old boys...you life is everything but dull. My wife says staying at home with the boys is everything but dull. She finds it the most challanging and most rewarding job she has ever had.

WC

hello.
i live just south of Boston. i'm 42 and i work as an RN in a small ER. worked in a big ER till recently, but left for more money, more OT and a less toxic work atmosphere.
been living with the GF for 10 years now. no kids but we do have a dog. (a lab/terrier mix. rescued him from the shelter) now we have fish too. starting with a 10 gal tank, but am already pricing larger setups. wont get one till i get the 10 settled though.
i'm pretty much a homebody. the computer, DVD collection (200+ and counting) PS2 and XBox keep me home the majority of the time.
i'm looking forward to the warm weather so i can get the veggie garden started.
that about covers the basics.

Back
Top Bottom