AA Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing about golf Andy.......... When the bug bites it's got a grip like a pit bull. LOL Let's just say that my passion for the game exceeds my MTS (and I've got 13 tanks). No tourney that weekend and I will definitely be there.

Side note: The annual AA pool party and discus-ka-bob feast is still on for this summer.

Brian I hope to see you there for sure. It would be awsome if we could arrange something with the aquarium staff for our group.

Are we still looking at May 21st? Is there possibly other dates that woudl better fit anyone?

What dates are a definate NO NO?

fishfreek said:
Brian I hope to see you there for sure. It would be awsome if we could arrange something with the aquarium staff for our group.

Are we still looking at May 21st? Is there possibly other dates that woudl better fit anyone?

What dates are a definate NO NO?

Ditto - need to know definite date - the 21st of May I believe I can make it! I just have to talk to the boy toy tonight!

Originally I thought this post was for the Boston aquarium, but Fishfreek corrected me! Now I am so excited!

TankGirl said:
Yay! :D

How far of a drive is it for you?

According to mapquest, about 2 hours and 8 minutes, but since mapquest is not the most accurate at times, I will also get other directions.

Well that is not bad at all - about the same for me, I think, yours maybe even shorter.

For a group this size we might consider the dorky concept of the chain or lanyard ID cards around our necks, like you use at some large companies, with the AA logo on it.

Okay - forget I said that! I'm the one at the seminars who refuses to wear the "HELLO, My Name Is ___________" stickers they want you to put on your shirt.

When we met in NY Andy (QTOFFER) printed out a 8.5x11 AA logo and held it up, and I think it was a great idea, but this group is going to be bigger. The Aquarium may have something they provide for large groups like this.

ok, here's from their website:

Your group of 15 or more must reserve in advance to receive discounts and express entry into the building.
Group Rates
Save money when you come as a group:

Adults: $16.00
Seniors (ages 60 and up): $13.25
Students (ages 12 to 18): $10.75
Children (ages 3 to 11): $8.75
Group rates are subject to change without prior notice. Reservations are based on ticket availability, which is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. A $75 deposit (at minimum) is due three weeks in advance.

For reservations or additional information:

reserve@aqua.org
phone: 410-576-3833
or fax: 410-986-2334.
Reservationists are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

So, we have to call in advance - we should also write down whatever questions we have to ask them.

Unfortunately, due to injuries suffered during the "Great Ink Well" war of 1973, my doctors have advised that I cannot indulge in "Holding up 24x16 placards".

Therefore, though honored...I respectfully...due to medical reasons (which can be verified) decline.

Jchillin said:
Unfortunately, due to injuries suffered during the "Great Ink Well" war of 1973, my doctors have advised that I cannot indulge in "Holding up 24x16 placards".

Therefore, though honored...I respectfully...due to medical reasons (which can be verified) decline.

Okay, but we'll need a note from your doctor. Wait a minute, in 1973 you were but a grade-schooler! I'm not buyin' it :?

I have your blue jacket to thank for my ability to rejoin the group when we were at the Museum of Natural History in Feb, so maybe you could wear an AA hat or something?

TankGirl said:
I have your blue jacket to thank for my ability to rejoin the group when we were at the Museum of Natural History in Feb, so maybe you could wear an AA hat or something?

Well, at least I was able to be a beacon in the darkness, a shining tower amongst the pillars, a ...tall guy with a blue jacket on. Ok, the hat is a good idea. And for the record, there was a ink war that year.

A few of our MD residents I belive are taking the lead on this gathering. Im sure they will come up with a good place/method of meeting and also make all the offical arrangements.

Since they want a deposit we should all start thinking about sending our funds to whom ever is going to manage the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom