AA Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright Shawmutt! I've been wanting to meet you, cool.

Folks, The breakfast/brunch thing, count me out. I'll wanna be outside the AQ early, gathering the people and... whatever I need to do there.

Dinner afterwards, maybe I will go, and maybe not, but I'm not organizing that too. (I have trouble getting groups of 6 or less to go to dinner together, much less a group this size.) No offense, I just have my hands full with the AQ stuff.
Also, I've lived out in the 'burbs for nearly 10 years now, so my knowledge of Baltimore restuarants is really out of date. Having said that, in the next couple weeks I'll get back on that end of the research, at least provide some choices to the group. I'm glad there is a good deal of time left!

One thing I can tell you right now, avoid Phillip's Seafood at the Inner Harbor. Over-priced, Over-rated, Over-crowded, and the food is mediocre at best.

Everybody on their own until we meet at 12:15?

Please try your best to be there at Noon!

I'm pretty sure they won't take kindly to me sayin at 12:15, "we have few more stragglers comin, can you wait for them?"
The AQ is a very popular attraction, they make their schedules and stick to them for very good reason! Please be on time!

I hope none of this post comes across as being negative, that is not my intent. I'm Very Much looking forward to this! We gonna have fun! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, some of you already know this news, but....

I'm afraid that I won't be able to make the trip that weekend. Seems that my family booked a trip to Ocean City (the maryland beach hot spot) that weekend, for a east coast car show, about 8 months ago. I was in class one day (obviously not paying enough attention) when it hit me. As soon as I got home, I confirmed. I feel ignorant for making the trip on a weekend that I couldnt' make it.

It's still not 100% positive or anything like that. Usually if it rains that weekend, we sometimes don't go because it presents issues with driving and all that (cars don't do well in rain on OC streets, lol).

As of now, I'm not counted towards the group rate so if I can go, I'll be arriving extra early to by my own ticket. 8)

Still helping corvus plan this thing, so if you still have questions, PM me. :wink:

Sheesh corvus, you really had me doubting myself. I just called them and asked about leaving and coming back and yes, for sure, you get your hand stamped on the way in so you can return.

My bad. :oops:
Thanks for the correction, Fluff.

Sorry to hear you're having this conflict DT. :(

DevilishTurtles said:
It's still not 100% positive or anything like that. Usually if it rains that weekend, we sometimes don't go because it presents issues with driving and all that (cars don't do well in rain on OC streets, lol).

This, of course, poses some interesting problems...pray for rain in OC and not in Balmer? LOL. I've got my fingers crossed for a better solution. :wink:

I guess I'm just gonna have to make another trip to Frederick and snatch you away and drag you along with me. :mrgreen:

OK folks,

I got the info in the mail today, its about as complicated as a dang tax form!

I will post the needed info soon, as soon as my tiny brain can figure it out!

The one most important thing I've gathered from it so far is this:

If all members of the group are not there on time (noon), the group will be cancelled!

Details forthcoming as I can comprehend them...

ok, so then why don't we plan on meeting at 11:15am...gives everyone a 45 minute time frame to be late.

Lori, I didn't know you were coming too. :multi: Yay!! I must have missed that post. I so hope I get to be there. :D

Lori - I just received my new AA tote bag and it is large and had a long enough strap so you can carry it on your shoulder, and if you aren't into the logo T-shirt you could carry the bag instead, since it has the logo on it.

I'm going to carry that instead of a purse, and I can fit plenty of stuff like cameras and maps and gift shop stuff.

Very nice bag - not as heavy as one of those LL Bean type bags but not too lightweight. I have several of this kind of canvas tote and I like this one because the straps are long enough to go over your shoulder, which many of this size are not. It is also nice because it has the two different logos, one on each side of the bag. I'm stylin' :D

Updated info:

(My wife wrote this with me, anything that contradicts what I wrote earlier is her.. I mean MY fault!)

Info on National Aquarium in Baltimore visit....

DATE: May 21, 2005
PLACE: National Aquarium in Baltimore (dah)
TIME: 12:00 (Noon) - group meet at entrance to Aquarium
12:15 - allowed to enter Aquarium
12:30 - Dolphin Show
COST: Adults: $16.00
Seniors (ages 60 and up): $13.25
Students (ages 12 to 18 ) $10.75
Children (ages 3 to 11): $8.75

Please let me know if anyone attending is under 18 years of age, or 60 and over.

I must send a $75 deposit this week. I can only receive a refund of the deposit if I cancel by April 30, 2005. Have to pay balance at door on 5/21. So mail me your checks and then I will just pay the balance due on May 21 - just to make it easier, also, that way, if you don't show, I'm not stuck with either a loss of $75 or my wife inviting 25 family members. You wouldn't want to see me go through that now, would you?

If I don't receive your check by 4/25, I will let you know and you can tell me if you decided not to join us.

Please mail me your checks ASAP

PM me for mailing address!

Contract Terms and Conditions (if you are into that stuff), and, of course, all terms and conditions subject to change without prior notice (Aquarium policy, not mine)...
1. Visit if self-guided - but I was hoping we would all stay together for most of the day
2. Dolphin show times are not guaranteed and subject to change
3. NO food or beverages in Aquarium
4. Strollers must be checked upon arrival
5. Rates subject to change - but, if they do, my wife will make one of her annoying phone calls regarding our contract - so don't worry about that
6. We must inform central reservations of visitors with disabilities and special needs prior to the visit date
7. No coupons can be used with a group - so don't even bother packing them
8. No more than 10 people can be added to the group count when we get there
9. AND, of course, FOR SECURITY REASONS, NAIB conducts random bag checks. They recommend leaving large and heavy bags-including backpacks-at home. If we can meet up ahead of time, I can stash stuff in my car:)
10. No bag or coat check at the Aquarium, so what you bring is what you carry with you all day

Sounds good to me. Im PMing you tonight and check will be off on Monday (assuming I dont forget.

We have a book bag/baby bag that I suppose we will have to get searched. In addition we will have 1 youth under age 18. hehe

Rick and I will be bringing two 4-year-olds and one 12-year-old for the underage contingency, and I will mail you a check Monday. I really appreciate you and your wife handling this :mrgreen:

I KNOW that i am going to be there, Hubby said he wanted to go if he has the girls. He is supposed to have them, but he's one of those people that changes his mind. If I send you a check for all five of us, then he backs out, or the kids decide they want to stay at their Moms, is the money refundable?
I know for sure that I WILL be there tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom