AAAAGH! Tiny White Critters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CluelessInNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
What on EARTH are these tiny, pin head-sized critters on the glass of my tank near the base of my LR? They look like fleas and they are white and they scurry about on the glass. They aren't air bubbles, because they move around in all directions and then seem to leave the glass and land again further down. WHAT IS IT?!?!?! AAAAGH!!!

Naw, snails won't eat them. If they are not isopods, you want them in your tank. They will find homes in/under your rocks or where ever they can find a safe place to hide. You probably won't see them much unless you use a red lens with a flashlight after lights out...(you will see all kinds of other critters this way too).

The little white critters are still all over the glass. I think I'm getting worried. It seeemd like the goby was scarfing them down the first night, now he just sits in the LR cave and doesn't move much. I hope he didn't get sick :(
I am really starting to hate LR!!!

LR is an important piece of our tanks. It provides a place for the beneficial bacteria, pods, hitch hikers, corals, random critters, fish and inverts safety and security.

The copepods in your tank are a healthy part of your eco-system..relax....:)

I agree, once the tank settles down, you will rarely see them. Possibly when you feed the tank, they will hang out between your LR and substrate and gry to grab somme food.

Back
Top Bottom