Abnormally thin molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchafishaboo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have this female molly in my tank, she looks heavily pregant but has been like that for the previous 5-6 months, for the past two months she seems to be very thin under the gills. I at first thought she wasnt eating but she is eating fine, she has had babies but they all came too early as the majority of them were either eggs, attached to their eggs or deformed, i have one of the two normal ones which survived aand shes grown slowly, she is about 3 months old. Could she be stressed because her breeding mate recently died or could it be an illness? please help i will put photos up as soon as i get a good camera.

I've had her in a breeding net for the past 4 days she's just getting thinner it's weird

How's she pooping? Have you had any issues with internal parasites? That would be my next thought. Any other details you can add?

Edit - you mentioned she is looking pregnant, is that looking normal with other mollies? Also feed wise are they in with plants and getting some greens/live beater fish food.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom