Acans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha yeah birdsnest is a great coral. Grows like a weed too. Ponapes, birds of paradise and hyacinth are all really nice birdsnests

Birds nest is a great coral...but personally, I'd avoid putting them in a nano. I'm not recalling the size of your tank, but in my 55 I have one that has just become overwhelming and a small frag of another than is going to do the same in a year's time. Great coral, but can easily become a weed...literally! I have fish breaking pieces off of the large colony by accident and these pieces starting to grow and encrust themselves where they land.

It does get large quickly but it's so easy to frag I feel like it can be trimmed. I have 3 varieties in my 20 and frag the green every couple weeks to keep it in check.

I've seen a few really nice frags at my LFS and could probably easily sell frags to a local dealer if mine get too big. But, I'm going to wait and let the acans get used to the tank before getting anything else.

Will do. The folks at work think I'm nuts for taking time off to get them into the tank. :)

The lights won't be on when I put them in the tank in the morning, but I'll take some pix tomorrow evening and post them up.

Dripped, dipped and dropped it in. Here it is:
63298-albums13650-picture65985.jpg

Not bad after 20hrs in a dark box :)

Acan lords do not have a far reach. The ones that you don't want too close to other corals are echinatas. They are much more aggressive. Those you have there can be an inch from other corals, providing the other coral isn't aggressive. I would not want a torch or hammer bumping into my acans.

They're a few inches from my torch. I might scoot them over a bit to give some more distance. They're ok to be close to a featherduster, right?

thanks. Looking forward to the growth on these, given how my others have grown.

I don't know, after I put them in, I had to run to work. The lights just came on a few minutes ago, so hopefully they open soon. I won't sweat it if they take a few days, though.

BTW, Pacific East did an amazing packing job. They will definitely be my go-to place if my LFS doesn't have stuff I want. With the handling fee, the shipping is the same as LiveAquaria, my other favorite place.

Sweet get a pic once they do open! And yeah I've always been a fan of theirs, now I just need to buy some coral from them haha

Following along to see the pics. This is an incredible piece! I won (on eBay) a red/ orange acan today. It's boring in comparison. :)

Opening up..

Fracking hair algae outbreak...grrrrr.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395533556121.jpg
    1395533556121.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom