acqua c microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
i found the cause of my microbubbles, it apears they are forming from the water being dumped back into my tank from the remora skimmer. any suggestions on how to get rid of them, or atleast limit them, i see they sell a prefilter for the mag 3, do they work well?? TIA

People have said that the prefilter box does work but it takes up a lot of space. They also say the micro bubbles will disappear once the skimmer breaks in.

Someone mentioned that blocking the return with a sponge reduced the bubbles.

I used some vinyl tubing to create a ramp that forces the bubbles up to the surface after exiting from the return. It works ok but I think using a bigger diameter vinyl tubing or PVC would work better.
img_283173_0_be8d4e08f80040050f64fe2c83f98560.jpg

thanks for the info and pic, was great to see...i'll try that on mine, can't hurt.

yeah. it really can't hurt. the two holes I drilled out, no biggie since it won't affect the skimmer performance

I just got the prefilter box and I still have micro bubbles. I emailed the maker of it and waiting to her back. The one thing about the prefilter box I like it that I was able to put my bio cubes in the media chamber on it and lose my aquaclear 500 they were in. I'll let you know what they say about the bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom