Acrylic Tanks vs. Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I emailed him again tonight, so hopefully I will get a response. I already started stocking it in my head....There were alot of good deals, there's a free tank some tenant left behind, the landlord said it is around 150 gal give or take. I don't have space for something that wonderful, but if you have a uhaul and can go pick it up, all equipment comes with it! There you go Locorosa!

acrllic is the only way to go these days, its crystal clear, light as a feather, scratches can be buffed out, it can be heated into any shape, its wonderful material lol

I would definately prefer acrylic I suppose. If just for the weight difference. Can anyone give general dimensions on a 150 gal? Just to get an idea what I'm looking at. Maybe I can fit it in the living room...so many ideas!

Berserkr said:
I would definately prefer acrylic I suppose. If just for the weight difference. Can anyone give general dimensions on a 150 gal? Just to get an idea what I'm looking at. Maybe I can fit it in the living room...so many ideas!

I think one dimension is 5ftLx2ftWx2ftH.

standard 150 Gallon is 72 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 28 1/2

If glass, the empty weight is 338 lb, full weight is 1800.

Back
Top Bottom