Active tank mates for Armored Bichirs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for interesting tankmates for my armored bichirs(pair) that are about 5-6" long right now in my 75g planted tank. They are currently in with a bristlenose pleco and a dwarf pike. I have 2 leopard ctenopoma in a growout tank that will be moving in with the bichirs soon enough.

The bichirs are pretty inactive most the time and not really aggressive towards food or other fish surprisingly. I'm looking for some active fish that will swim in mid/high water column to liven up the tank as its a bit dull right now.
I prefer oddballs/more interesting fish but im open to any suggestions at this point!
Tank is well filtered with a sunsun 404b

Quick Google search revealed that they go good with with fish that aren't big enough to eat them. So stay away from large cichlids like oscars and larger catfish. You could try convicts as they get a decent size.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some of the larger bodied rainbows would work well, like boesmani. Active, too big to be eaten, and not aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom