Add betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will be resetting up my tank after sterilizing it when I lost my betta. So with lessons learned some what how long set up and running and keeping tabs on all perimiters should I add my betta with taking cycling and building up my eco systems. Any advise will be helpful. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Add plants. Then whether you do Fishless or fish-in cycling they will help the cycle go smoother and maybe faster.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks.

I did the bleach soak for 24 hours followed by a tiny drop of dawn and rinsed a whole lot with warm water now it is drying out again. So I should be able to put it together again. I am starting over new decorations and gravel. Very excited for my new fish but when? Will run for 48 hours and check water levels etc

I would soak in water with Prime and change the soak water.

Bleach and soap are VERY scary around fish.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good idea I keep doing other advise and was even afraid to but did it.

Bought Prime and will do a tank soak then rinse then I will begin my setup for my future betta

Bleach is one of the best aquarium cleaning products around. It breaks down fairly quickly and doesn't leave a residue. Soap on the other hand is bad news. What did your betta die of?

Dropsy

Will the prime take away any residue from the dawn it was only a tiny drop and rinsed it about ten times and no soap .

Will the prime take away any residue from the dawn it was only a tiny drop and rinsed it about ten times and no soap .

No, prime has no effect on soap, but it should be okay. In the future avoid soap, bleach will kill everything.

Back
Top Bottom