Adding a school in my 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless you have some wild Altum angels, they most likely won't eat neons. Even though those are their natural food source. I wouldn't argue with Rivercats about angels or most other fish. She has been keeping fish for longer then we've been alive.

OUCH... you just had to remind me how old I am...lol! Hey even us old dogs are still learning and if we aren't something is wrong.

I'm just stating my opinions on tiny fish being mixed with big ones is all. If you don't agree with its fine aren't we all entitled to our opinion?

That's fine I never said you had to agree with me?

I was just stating my opinion is all.

Just because it is your opinion does not mean that it is a good idea for the op to take that advice. This is your original post:

I wouldn't get endlers with a pearl or honey gourami they can eat them easily.

I would do a stock of

1- Honey Gourami
2- Rams
8- Harlequin Rasbora or Bleeding heart tetra
6- Cory's or kuhli loaches or dwarf chain loaches.

I mean, I get that that is your opinion, but Rivercats only said this in response:

Actually I have kept both with Endlers and even have Endlers with a Betta in a 12g right now. Honey gourami's are generally the mellowest of all the gourami's. I've also never had problems with Pearl's in the 30+ years I've kept them with various small fish. Anytime you stock a fish that is known to be aggressive or semi aggressive, heck even peaceful you can still have aggression issues. Also gourami's have small mouths and couldn't just easily eat them. It's like saying all angelfish will eat neons.... it's simply not true.

It was only meant to say that, although that it is your opinion, it was misleading as you said that endlers can be eaten easily and therefore it is assumed that they should not be put in the tank. Rivercats just said that no, they probably won't be eaten, and therefore it is okay to have them in the tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom