Adding a second species to my 40gal Tiger Barb tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradicaljh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, just wanted to get some opinions on stocking my 40 gal (3 foot) TB tank. Currently I have 5 tiger, 3 albino and 2 green, they all school together most of the time and I've only had minor pecking happen about three times in the couple of months I've had them all so it seems like they're pretty happy.

I've asked about stocking before and been pointed to AqAdvisor which says with my 10 barbs my stocking level is at 49%. With this many barbs and this much room, would it be a good idea to add a second species? If so has anyone had experience with a different fish in the same tank as tiger barbs? Don't wanna get another species and end up having to move it, if it's not a good idea I'll just get more tiger barbs but I like the idea of a different fish, neon tetras would be cool.

cheers.

Hi guys, just wanted to get some opinions on stocking my 40 gal (3 foot) TB tank. Currently I have 5 tiger, 3 albino and 2 green, they all school together most of the time and I've only had minor pecking happen about three times in the couple of months I've had them all so it seems like they're pretty happy.

I've asked about stocking before and been pointed to AqAdvisor which says with my 10 barbs my stocking level is at 49%. With this many barbs and this much room, would it be a good idea to add a second species? If so has anyone had experience with a different fish in the same tank as tiger barbs? Don't wanna get another species and end up having to move it, if it's not a good idea I'll just get more tiger barbs but I like the idea of a different fish, neon tetras would be cool.

cheers.

If you check my profile, my 75 gallon is a semi aggressive tank with tbs but they all get along peacefully / no Nipping

Back
Top Bottom