Adding angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a fully grown angelfish currently in my tank, well atleast i think hes fully grown lol hes about 3 inches fin to fin, and im thinking about adding another one, its prolly going to be very small to begin with, is this a bad idea? Will my angelfish bully it?

Blakskall said:
I have a fully grown angelfish currently in my tank, well atleast i think hes fully grown lol hes about 3 inches fin to fin, and im thinking about adding another one, its prolly going to be very small to begin with, is this a bad idea? Will my angelfish bully it?

What size tank and what are the tank mates? 3 inches is far from full grown. If kept in a proper tank and conditions an angel can reach almost a 12 inches top to bottom. Adding a second angel to a tank with an already established angel is risky.

Mumma.of.two said:
What size tank and what are the tank mates? 3 inches is far from full grown. If kept in a proper tank and conditions an angel can reach almost a 12 inches top to bottom. Adding a second angel to a tank with an already established angel is risky.

+1 very risky almost not worth it, especially if it's smaller.

It is going to get pushed around and three inches is not full grown. I have two in my 110 gallon and they still fight. It is cool to watch, looks like they are kissing. My angels are 6inches top to bottom right now and not full grown. I'm so excited! But remember, fish don't grow to their tank size. They grow to the conditions of the water.

There tank is a 30 gallon tall, shes a beautiful gold veil angel, tank mates are 3 lemon tetras, 1 red tailed shark, 1 ram cichild, 1 zebra loach

My first angel came with a 75g tank I bought. He was about 4-5 years old and around 6 inches in body size, probably 9 inches tip of the top fin to the bottom of the bottom fin. Added in two smaller (about 2.5 inches when I got them) marble angels, they do mess with each other but I've had no major issues. The marbles have bread several times.

Frankly I think it is luck of the draw, but I've done well with a large established angel adding new angles.

Best of luck. :D

I would get some more tetras before the angel. What kind of ram?

Im looking, but there hard to find.. My lfs doesnt carry them anymore.. I cant really find what kind of ram mine is.. Its not really colorful like ive seen.. Ill attach a picture, hes on the bottom under the lemon tetras

Attachments

• image-421333087.jpg
    image-421333087.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 71
I agree to. It doesn't seem to have the colours of a German blue ram. But it could have to do with water quality. It also has More of a Bolivian shape to it IMO

The lfs i got it from there tanks werent the best..

How long have you had it for? It took less then a week for my one GBR to colour up.

Back
Top Bottom