Adding fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jpb1216

Aquarium Advice Activist
My stocking list is composed pretty much of:

8 zebra danios
6 silver hatchets
8 cherry barbs
8 Mickey Mouse platies
8 panda cory
8 Otto cats
6 horse face loaches
2 BN plecos

Is there a particular order I should add the fish on based on behavior or something that me, a newer aquarist, would over look?

My stocking list is composed pretty much of:

8 zebra danios
6 silver hatchets
8 cherry barbs
8 Mickey Mouse platies
8 panda cory
8 Otto cats
6 horse face loaches
2 BN plecos

Is there a particular order I should add the fish on based on behavior or something that me, a newer aquarist, would over look?

Your stock list is all pretty peaceful so I would think you can add in whatever order you'd like. maybe ottos last since they may be the most sensitive, maybe the BN last since they like to snack on algae. I'm sure you know to only add a few at a time, I think you could do one school/shoal each time you add a species and be fine though

Yes my tank has been in fishless cycle for roughly 5 weeks as I got all the other never ties and everything set up. I just added some feeder fish in to see if they survived the water parameters... And I was thinking of adding maybe half a school at a time and give them maybe 4 days to a week in order to get used to it. I just wanted some experience tank owners opinions and wasn't sure if there was a good or bad way to add certain fish based on certain habits or behaviors of the fish.

With your tank being so big, and your largest school size being only 8, you can probably add one whole school at the same time instead of splitting it.

Back
Top Bottom