Adding floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like duckweed, most will hate it but I love it.
Never have a problem with it, if you block the filter intube with a sponge u will be good.
Filter will push it down but won't suck it up.

water lettuce, there 2 type... The mini one n the big one. Both r also good floater but a bit hard to grow under low light. But again all plant will grow as long there light+plant food, co2 if ur using it.

I just hate how all the plant get together in front of the filter. Every morning I have to push them away from the middle so it can float on the side.

Fish.n.Reptile said:
I like duckweed, most will hate it but I love it.
Never have a problem with it, if you block the filter intube with a sponge u will be good.
Filter will push it down but won't suck it up.

water lettuce, there 2 type... The mini one n the big one. Both r also good floater but a bit hard to grow under low light. But again all plant will grow as long there light+plant food, co2 if ur using it.

I just hate how all the plant get together in front of the filter. Every morning I have to push them away from the middle so it can float on the side.

I agree! I gave up pushing my frogbit around. I wonder how people prevent floating plants from doing that? I wonder if the pretty pictures i see of tanks, with floating plants nicely distributed, were taken really quickly before they migrated back to the filter ;)

Back
Top Bottom