Adding new fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pseudomugil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 56 gallon rainbowfish tank is currently having an outburst of ich, especially on my wanamensis, turquoise, and boesemani rainbows. I was just wondering if it is safe to add more fish to the tank as I'm treating the water with an ich killer.

Is wait, just make sure the water gets lots of o2 while you treat it. It'll only take a week you can hold the urge to buy more

Sent from my fish tank

I'm just worried because I got 3 more rainbows (Lake Tebera, maccullochi, boesemani) when I noticed the ich. So now I have 3 rainbows sitting in my little 20 gallon.

They can handle being in the 10 gallon for a while as long as you maintain it as you would a normal tank. Adding them right now is dangerous as ich isnt gone and the stress from the transportation would make your new fish more likely to contract ich. I can only assume because of lowered immune systems that they may not take being thrown into a tank in treatment very well either.

I agree - wait to add the new fish. they will be ok in the smaller tank for a while. treat the bigger tank and get it clean of the ick before adding the new fish in there.

I waited approximately 3-4 weeks just because I was paranoid.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom