Adding new sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czar2008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys could someone give me some advice please,I have sand in my aquarium just now and I would like to add some more new sand to it can anyone tell me how I go about it.Thanks x

What kind of sand is it? Is your tank fresh or salt water? Usually when I want to add sand, I empty the tank so it has little or no water in it, then scoop more sand and dump it in, spread it out and do any necessary re-arranging, then slowly fill the tank back up

Its a bag of aquarium sand from the pet shop I have it in mine just now and was wanting to add some more its freshwater. Do I need to remove the fish when I'm doing it. Thanks

Its a bag of aquarium sand from the pet shop I have it in mine just now and was wanting to add some more its freshwater. Do I need to remove the fish when I'm doing it. Thanks

I would, yes. It would probably stress them out to see a bunch of ground falling from the sky. LOL

Just run the sand under neath some water and stir up the sand until the water runs clear. Then make sure you rinse the sand in conditioned water before putting it in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom