Adding to 135 gallon fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bboypatrick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had this tank up and running for almost 6 months now and just recently (a little over a month ago) added most of the fish I wanted to keep. Everything was going extremely well for a month or two and for some reason I have no clue why to be honest, I lost my two angels. I have a 135 gallon fowlr set up and currently have 3 green chromis, pair of clowns, 1 golden head sleeper, 1 Christmas wrasse, 1 midas blenny, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 sailfin tang, 1 firefish goby, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 sand sifting star, and a few crabs for clean up crew (need to get more snails since I got larger ones and they flipped over and died before I could flip them back right side up /sigh).

The 2 angels that I had were a juv emperor and a half black dwarf angel. I thought that maybe because I added them at the same time and they were of similar size the dwarf picked on the emperor, but I'm not entirely sure. The yellow was aggressive towards others for a couple hours and the next day it calmed down totally and no aggression any longer for at least 3 weeks before the death occurred on the emperor who was stuck to one of the filters =(. a week later now today I see the dwarf crammed in a rock and it looks dead. Yesterday he wouldn't come out from a cave which is not like him. I'm certain he's dead and have to go get him out now =(

My main question really is can I add a large angel to this setup or is it just too late because the yellow tang will go agro on him if I just add one or two fish. The local fish stores really tell you anything to make a sell and I'm coming here for some sound advice from experienced people. I have a 55 gallon reef setup which I've had for many years, but now trying to setup this fowlr. I really set it up to have a large angel as my dream, so I'm hoping I can do it. Thanks in advance =)

That tank is to small for any of the truly large angels. What were you feeding the emperor as I know they require sponges as part of their diet. I have no idea on the other angel other than maybe the yellow tang beating it up.

Spirulina frozen shrimp, formula two pellets and flakes, formula one flakes, and reef flakes (alternating). Thanks for the reply! Are there no non dwarf angels that I could add =/

Rock beauties are pretty cool and they are bigger than dwarf angels but they don't get huge. You need to order mega marine angel by hikari from Dr foster and smith. It's got sponge in it that they have to have. But since it's a frozen food you have to pay like $25 for overnight shipping so it's more worth it if you order a bunch of different kinds in one order. They also have a lot of other frozen foods that stores at least around me don't have. Like I got mega marine algae which is good for tangs and angels and some other good stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom