Adding to the Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moomawkm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
29 Gal, Bio-wheel, 79°/80°F, Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 0ppm, Sand, No Live Plants

4 Silver Tip Tetras
4 Bloodfin Tetras
1 Rubber Lip Pleco
1 Double Tail Halfmoon Betta

Was thinking about getting 5 or 6 Cherry Barbs and 2 or 3 Corys (not sure what kind yet). Kind of want some shrimp too, but I'm afraid my betta will eat them.

Any suggestions on what I should add to the tank?

I have a similar configuration as you. I would go with the cories. They are fun to watch as they scour the tank for food. From what others have said on here, you want to put cories in a group of 6 or more. But I only have two and they seem to be just fine. All I know is there is a wfer war going on between them and my pleco though....lol

I not think your tank is cycled yet. Because your water says 0ppm nitrate. What are you testing with? If I were you boost up on the schools you already have. If you don't want to do that then add a small school of Cories.

Is that nitrate reading a typo ?

What test kit Are you using ?

How long has your tank been setup ?

Whoops...Nitrates at 5ppm

And yes the tank has been cycled...established for over a year with no water problems

Whoops...Nitrates at 5ppm

And yes the tank has been cycled...established for over a year with no water problems

Ahh was wondering why no Nitrates !,

to help answer your original question, I would watch with the Barbs as the Betta's fins may be to much temptation for them.

Corydoras will be no problem especially as you have sand substrate and you have plenty to choose from thou I would recommend 6, but if you don’t have the space go for 3 minimum. I would tend to stick to the same species ie Pepper or Bronze etc

Back
Top Bottom