adopted 2 RBP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BK Buttikoferi

Aquarium Advice Activist
A friend of mine just moved and asked if i wanted his fish. 1 is a roundbellied flowerhorn and 2 pacus. I dont know much about either species except that the fh is a hybrid and can get disease easily and Pacu get huge. My question is how fast do they grow and which tank should i house them in. I have two tanks. 75 and 55. I know that the pacus are not good for aquariums but they are juveniles now. Anyone have experience with these fish ? I have pics

I read somewhere that up to a couples years they double in size every three months, not sure how true that is but remember reading it. I do know these fish get very big around 3 feet and will not belong before the out grow a 75gal tank and Iam willing to bet once that large they will be near impossible to find someone to take them (not many people have a 500 gallon tank that want 2 Pacus.) That being said I would put them in the 75gal until you can find a proper home for them.......Good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom