Advice in lightning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jose953

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i just planted my 29g tank and would like some advice on what kind of lightning i should use??

ForumRunner_20130702_222512.jpg

There are a ton of options! LED's (most expensive), T5 (which I use), T5HO, and T8's are usually the norm. What kind of plants do you wish to grow? For low light (anubias, ferns, swords) LED's, standard T5's, or even stock T8's will do. For high light, specialized LED's and T5HO's work really well. I'm assuming you have T8 lights so low light plants will work fine (anubias, java fern, java moss, swords). Hope this helps!

Tank Lighting

Hello Jose...

The lighting that typically comes with the tank is really only for seeing what's in the tank. This type of light is low, but you can keep Anubias, Java fern and most of the mosses, like Singapore in these light conditions. You can also float Anacharis (Elodea densa) and Pennywort. They'll do fine in lower light.

B

Hello Jose...

The lighting that typically comes with the tank is really only for seeing what's in the tank. This type of light is low, but you can keep Anubias, Java fern and most of the mosses, like Singapore in these light conditions. You can also float Anacharis (Elodea densa) and Pennywort. They'll do fine in lower light.

B

Thanks guy's for the tips

Back
Top Bottom