Advice needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper828

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ForumRunner_20131114_170335.jpg

I wanting to add to my aquscape. Right now it looks very...amateurish. However, the plant selection is not all that great around here. Can ya'll give me some advice and tips to help me? Right now my lighting is a Current LED. I feel I could get by with medium light I just really dont want to get into the co2 injection. Thanks in advance....

What immediately stands out to me is that plane of symmetry running down the middle of the tank. That makes the whole thing seem kind of off.

Honestly, you can re-scape it if you want, but if your tank is peaceful and the fish are happy, I say there's no point. I was never a pretty tank person, just a functional one.

I'd put the water wisteria or sprite, whatever it is in the back left side, bunch up the crypts along the front of the driftwood, and leave some open gravel space. I think the problem is just plant placement. Right now it's just kind of random things here and there. Plus, I've never been a fan of gravel... Sand looks better IMO.

I'd put the water wisteria or sprite, whatever it is in the back left side, bunch up the crypts along the front of the driftwood, and leave some open gravel space. I think the problem is just plant placement. Right now it's just kind of random things here and there. Plus, I've never been a fan of gravel... Sand looks better IMO.

Im with ya on the gravel vs sand issue. My brother in law just started cycling his new tank...he used sand. It looks great. I've been contemplating doing a complete make over but as previously mentioned the fish are doing great and the plants are growing so well. I would like to add a few more plants, and rearrange a few as suggested..maybe lose one of the stumps....... Since it just popped in my head here, can any one recommend a descent affordable set of cool tools for planting,pruning, ect....

I believe we ought start a tv show ...Pimp my tank.........

Back
Top Bottom