Advice Needed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletGoby

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone else struggled with the situation of selling a tank?? I have conflicting feelings. :S

I started with my husband's 35gal freshwater tank, and I have developed MTS. I now own and maintain a cichlid 75 gallon.

My husband offered to sell the 35gal original tank to his sister, deco, fish and all.

That tank really got me into the hobby and I put a lot of love, care, and money into it. I want to make sure that she knows how to care for them. She has a small 10gal. I'm just not sure if she knows about water conditioner, using algea wafers for the plecos etc.

If it were you, would you provide written instructions, or food/chemicals, or does that seem rude to offer up info that they aren't asking for. I don't want to seem presumptuous and like a know-it-all because I'm not. I just want the fish to be healthy and happy.

Please give me some advice if you have it!

Has anyone else struggled with the situation of selling a tank?? I have conflicting feelings. :S

I started with my husband's 35gal freshwater tank, and I have developed MTS. I now own and maintain a cichlid 75 gallon.

My husband offered to sell the 35gal original tank to his sister, deco, fish and all.

That tank really got me into the hobby and I put a lot of love, care, and money into it. I want to make sure that she knows how to care for them. She has a small 10gal. I'm just not sure if she knows about water conditioner, using algea wafers for the plecos etc.

If it were you, would you provide written instructions, or food/chemicals, or does that seem rude to offer up info that they aren't asking for. I don't want to seem presumptuous and like a know-it-all because I'm not. I just want the fish to be healthy and happy.

Please give me some advice if you have it!
If your sister-in-law is serious about fish keeping, she should be asking you for advice without you offering it. I wouldn't give written instructions but, if possible, help her set it up. You can then offer her advice as you guys are setting it up. "This is the way I do that/ I feed them with this/I change this amount of water weekly and add this conditioner". That way it doesn't seem like you are being presumptuous, which you are not. Maybe even hook her up on AA....

I'd ask her to become a member here and when she starts positing good help advice, I'd give her the tank.

Back
Top Bottom