Advice on a African Dwarf Frog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most people wouldn't put one in that size tank because it's to big most put at least 24incyes high. Since that high then I would hand fed him. They can't see food to well. I got one myself they eat little fish near the bottom. Cool frogs though!:) they don't school and 100% aquatic! I got mine from Petsmart.

They are bad swimmers. Ironic considering they're 100% aquatic. 29 gallon 18+ inches might be too deep.

Bottomfeeder88 said:
They are bad swimmers. Ironic considering they're 100% aquatic. 29 gallon 18+ inches might be too deep.

I agree they can't see their food well ether. Mine barely swims.

I agree they aren't the best candidate for a 29 gal community. They don't school but they are social and do best in groups. They are completely aquatic. They are nearly blind. In a comminity tank they need to be hand fed. They should eat only frozen/live foods and frog and tadple bites. They should not be in a tank where they will have access to other pellet/wafer foods as they have very sensitive digestive systems.

Back
Top Bottom