Advice on adding new items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garth7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday, I added some new fish to my tank, got my dry fertilizers in and got one of my bottles of DIY CO2 setup.

The fish are in the tank (2 more Ottos and 4 Platties) this is in addittion to my 2 dwarf gouramis, 5 white clouds, and 2 Ottos.

I will be doing some tests tonight, but my question is how do I go about introducing the ferts and CO2? I am afraid to put all in at once and have a drastic change in water parameters.

I thought about adding the CO2 first (just the one bottle for now and the other bottle(s) later). This would allow me to adjust the CO2 and ph levels gradually as well as give me an alternating bottle refill rotation. I thought then after doing the bottle for 2 to 3 days to start my fert dosing cycle.

Let me know what you tihnk,

Doug

I think it would be fine to add it all at once. But if you are worried, then you could start one bottle and then start another a few days later. You could add the ferts with the first bottle IMO. They won't change the water parameters drastically. And really, if you doing 2 2 liter bottles on a 55g, it shouldn't cause any drastic changes. Its up to you though!

Thanks for the advice.. Time may be my other issue but I will check it out tonight and see how things go.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom