Advice on Fantail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Outlaw

Aquarium Advice Regular
So a week ago I moved "Goldy", my 4 year old's fantail from a 3.5 gal to a 20H. Everything seemed fine until she started sitting on the bottom. This morning she looked bad and I was paranoid about the possibility of a second cycle despite seeding the tank with filter media from another and transferring gravel and decorations. As I didn't have time to test before work I did a quick 25% water change and threw in a bottle of Dr. Tims I hadn't used on another new tank. Finally got home to test and it looks good? Any advice would be appreciated, not too knowledgeable of goldfish issues.
Thanks.

Here's Goldy in her current state.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410221928.940003.jpg

And here's the big 3 test result.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410221964.400147.jpg

So a week ago I moved "Goldy", my 4 year old's fantail from a 3.5 gal to a 20H. Everything seemed fine until she started sitting on the bottom. This morning she looked bad and I was paranoid about the possibility of a second cycle despite seeding the tank with filter media from another and transferring gravel and decorations. As I didn't have time to test before work I did a quick 25% water change and threw in a bottle of Dr. Tims I hadn't used on another new tank. Finally got home to test and it looks good? Any advice would be appreciated, not too knowledgeable of goldfish issues.
Thanks.

Here's Goldy in her current state.
View attachment 249509

And here's the big 3 test result.
View attachment 249510

If she gets any worse, I would euthanise her. I know it's sad to say, but it would stop any suffering. I recommend Clove Oil :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The stress of the move may have meant her immune system broke down and she may have something else going on. I wouldn't give up on her whack a general tonic medication in there that fights a lot of bacterial infections in case she has something that's not visible

Also Are you sure she is 4years old she is very small. I have a 2year old black moor and he is already 8-9inches long

Yeah, unfortunately, she didn't make it through the weekend. Managed to get a replacement while my daughter was in school. Goldy 2: Electric Boogaloo doesn't look close, but luckily my daughter hasn't noticed.

Yeah, unfortunately, she didn't make it through the weekend. Managed to get a replacement while my daughter was in school. Goldy 2: Electric Boogaloo doesn't look close, but luckily my daughter hasn't noticed.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom