advice on nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking z about starting a 8gal nano reef tank any advice with anything and everything

Hi you doing!! In exactly are you thinking to build , just fish , some fish and corals or just a reef , many of the people said than aquarium under 30 gallons is hard to keep, but is not hard as it looks, i have couple 5 gallons aquariums one of them is a little fish and corals, and the other one is a seahorse tank! Making weekly water changes , checking the parameters every week or twice sometimes, i'm using ro/di water for them, a good canister filter , in one of them a water pump, and LED's light on both!! Have a good luck with your tank!!

What I really want is coral with a pygmy Oct octopus

Well i don't know something about octopus , but it might be a small aquarium for it!! Have you tried to search info about this type of octopus. If it will be good for that size of aquarium??

There small and usuAlly for nano reefs

There small and usuAlly for nano reefs

If you're planning your first SW I wouldn't do an Octopus immediately as I've read they are Expert Only.
Why not try your hand at some hardy clown fish first and then move on from there.
SW is easier than people give it credit for as long as you keep up with your maintenance but I certainly wouldn't just jump straight to an Expert creature.
If I were you I'd start doing as much research as possible on the specific species you wish to keep and then decide whether or not you will be able to care for its needs.

Yeah the octopus would be a way later thing I'm barely starting coral in my big tank I wanna be n able to master coral before I get a Oct

I wouldn't recommend an octopus in a reef. They won't eat corals(that I know of) but they are messy creatures(diminishing parameters by the day). It'd be an on going battle with trying to keep the tank clean, and that's not even mentioning spooking the octopus and making him ink. That'll nuke a tank in a heartbeat. I'm no octopus expert or anywhere close BUT that is why people say "expert only". Good luck with whatever you choose

Yea I guess your right I never thought about the waste

Back
Top Bottom