Advice on possible plant additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm working on getting some new plants for my 5 gallon planted tank. My lighting is about 3 watts per gallon and I'll set up a co2 generator soon. What do you think about rotala indica or macranda, glossostigma, and lilaopsis. If you have any other ideas please let me know thanks.

I'm very fond of ammania sp "bonsai" and downoi in smaller tanks. Gonna do a build thread too?

Many slower growing stems like mention before do really well in nanos. I'm very fond of Ammania sp. Bonsai, also. Blyxa, Staurogyne Repens, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, too.

Rotala Indica has a small enough leaf that it would look fine in a nano but Macranda IMO would be overpowering as it has fairly large leaves. Rotala Mini Butterfly is perfect for a nano since it has very small delicate leaves and stems. Plus it will add a nice touch of red.

It sounds like it should and the fact your going to do CO2 is even better. What ferts are you going to use?

I will be using seachem ferts for now. I'll do some research those other plants and tell you guys what I get

Back
Top Bottom