Advice on Red slime.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frankie_Garcia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just can't get rid of it. I have moved my powerheads to where there is no dead spots, tried the chemilife stuff, and even added more to the clean up crew. Any ideas? Anything is helpful.

Water parameters are great! My phosphates measure out 0, but I believe it's because of the cyano. My tank is a 29 gal, and I have a clarkii clown, six line wrasse, and 2 damsels. I feed every 2 days. Brine shrimp cubes. I have eliminated dead spots.

And a small clean up crew!

How old is the tank? I went through a real bad patch of cyano in the first few months of setting up my tank. It went away on its own and came back for a few weeks last year - couldn't really explain it. Sounds like your doing everything you can tho! Sorry I can't be of more help :)

Even though water parameters are good what are you using for water ?
Rodi or tap ?
Are you buying your water somewhere ?
If you are buying water somewhere that changing filter
S might have been neglected .
There are phosphates in the water and my problem was tap water .
I started using rodi and the red slime was gone

For a while I was using tap water, but I recently started buying my water. I buy my water from a watermill place that goes through 8 stages of filtration but who knows if that's true, but it had done my tank better than the previous water i was using before. i also may need to do more frequent water changes.

I think it would be fair to say .
Water quality and neglected maintenance ( exporting nutrients ) is the cause if the issue

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom