Advice on verts and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HIIHDesign

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What would be the best combo's for inverts and fish at the beginning of my FOWLR setup?. With keeping in mind I'm starting a reef in the near future.

Any advice?

Tell us more about your tank and fiteration system. One of my favorite invert combo is clownfish and anemones. What are youe interests? Are you starting your tank with live rock ( cured or not cured )? This can make a great differace in your tank cycling period.

Fishman

What is the difference between live rock cured or not cured? How can you tell the difference between the two?

i would stay away from anemones until your tank is stable. you also need strong lighting for anemones, and if you are not going reef right away, it's not going to work.

what do you mean combos? do you mean symbiotic combos, or just creatures that get along?

Im running a 40 breeder, got about half my live rock cured from the lfs, and another 2 weeks of cycling to do. Im only running a reg hang carbon filter until i have established my fish live stock before i start a 10 gallon sump. I was going to introduce some damsels first to my tank probably a green crab and some hermits and snails. In the future a goby to sift my sand. I just wanted to see if anyone else had some sick ideas.

Are you adding damsels because you want to keep them forever, or because they are hardy fish and you want to remove them later?
Damsels should be the last fish added as they tend to bully any new fish introduced.

Why wait for the sump? It would be best to have all your equipment already in place and running (tho I wouldn't run a PS during the cycle), to make sure you don't have major problems after you add livestock.

Crabs generally kill and eat snails, so be prepared to keep restocking.

Back
Top Bottom