Advice on what I should set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONESTOCK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys....

I'm finishing my house up soon and want to finally set up my 75 gallon tank.

What should I do? I wanna stick with fresh water.

Should I go aggresive? Like a pair of oscars? Or some chiclids.

Should I go planted? With itty bitty fish?

Should I go fancy goldfish?

What should I do give me ideas please!! :wink:

I personally have never had a cichlid tank, but I think they are great! I would research about which cichlids can intermingle, and go from there.

if you go with cichlids you are just a couple of steps away from saltwater take the plunge their is alot more color and personallity that comes along with saltwater fish.

:D

I love my cichlids and my tank with itt-bitty fish! A 75 gal is a decent size for Mbuna cichlids, but many would caution you to only put in two oscars.

It really depends on what you want. Do you want a green tank with itt-bitties darting around. Would you rather walk up to a tank with fewer, larger fish that swim to the surface to greet you? Do you want to do a biotope? You could go with a brackish tank and keep those oddities.

What does your gut tell you to go with?

Hey discus are cool, just because that's the biggest thing constantsly on Brian's mind...

Get goldfish because they are cool..

Am I that predictable??? 8O Guess I'll have to change. *LOL*

You can also get a few larger fish, and some itty bittys swimming around as well. It doesn't have to be all or nothing =oP

Like Menagerie Said, you could go Brackish. A tank with a small school of monos, some scat, and a archer. Keep a couple silver shark catfish, and maybe a tiger dantiod. get a lot of driftwood, and plant heavily BEFORE you get the monons and scats, or they will eat everything green.

hmmm...

I already did the salt water setup with this tank. I'm having a baby anytime now and I know I won't have time for it. :oops:

I gave all my stuff to a trusted friend though!! :wink:

I'm thinking lot's of plants as I have the lighting! But I need the CO2 stuff. <---in which I haven't a single clue on how to set this up.

And itty bitty fishey! Lot's of movement!! My soon to be son would like it I'm sure!! 8O

If I had a 75 gal tank, I'd go for community. IDK if you have kids, but if you do everybody can pick out a fish. But goldfish are realy nice, you could get those cool kinds like Chocolate Pom Pom or Panda. BONESTOCK we both live in MA, what town do you live in? :D

I live in Norwood. But soon in my own house in Sharon!! Getting the basement finished!! 8)

My wife is due any day now with our first kid!!

Back
Top Bottom