Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginer_fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'd like to hear about your stories and past experiences with your fish. I'd also like to know about some advice on a 20+ gallon tank on how to set it up needs and all that good stuff. Lastly has anyone ever had any of the Gold Sexfasciatus Cichlid ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425483184.809961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I suggest doing a little more research and asked some more refined questions afterwards if you're still unsure.

I am also not sure how our "stories" will help you. If you want personal experience on a specific topic then feel free to ask. We're just not going to rattle off random stuff with no relevance to the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neolamprologus sexfasciatus get 6" and are highly aggressive. Their conspecific aggression is very high as well. No way you could keep even a pair in a 20 gallon tank. I'd say 40 gallon breeder minimum for a pair without tankmates personally. If you want tankmates, then I'd say 75 and they'd need to be able to hold their own.

Basically these fish are very aggressive especially with their own kind. A 20 gallon is to small. They should only be kept in pairs 40 breeder is the minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to realize that coming into a forum and posting a pic.of a fish not many have even seen before and asking for stories may not be the best approach, you seem to know what you want and I can assure you google knows all about it. Once you have refined your questions you.may find some of the more knowledgeable members more gung-ho in assisting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening. This thread has been cleaned up quite a bit. I'll keep it short so others can try to assist the OP here. Be nice. This is part of our community rules for a reason. Going off topic to bash into each other because you were asked the same broad question doesn't help anything.

Back
Top Bottom