Advice?!? Possible sick fish NOT ICK - opinions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so i have a kribensis whos had 3 tiny white spots on the back of his top fin, for maybe 4-5 days now. it doesnt seem to be ick because it hasnt spread at all and everyone else is ick free. ive also seen ick and this looks a lil different. he has no mood change and isnt scratching.

ALSO, i recently had a bacteria infection of some sort. i saw a white patch or line on my firemouth's top fin & within a week or so he was dead, along with my flying fox, who showed no signs. all fish showing sickness were healed and this was about 2 or more weeks ago. ive done quite a few water changes over the past few weeks but never more than 35-40%.

my levels are:
amonia 0 ppm
ph 6.8
nitrates 0 ppm

i wanna bet its the bacteria infection again, which i treated w/ FURAN-2, and it basically brought my 2 parrots back from the dead.

my krib also has one fin that is basically gone BUT i just removed a pair of jerky jewels soo i assume they were nipped.

ANYWAY, opinions are always appreciated. i was thinking of treating w/ the FURAN-2 again but i figured i would see what my peeps thought.

LEMME KNOW!!!!!!!!!

thanks,
ronnie

ronnieroach said:
ok so i have a kribensis whos had 3 tiny white spots on the back of his top fin, for maybe 4-5 days now. it doesnt seem to be ick because it hasnt spread at all and everyone else is ick free. ive also seen ick and this looks a lil different. he has no mood change and isnt scratching.

ALSO, i recently had a bacteria infection of some sort. i saw a white patch or line on my firemouth's top fin & within a week or so he was dead, along with my flying fox, who showed no signs. all fish showing sickness were healed and this was about 2 or more weeks ago. ive done quite a few water changes over the past few weeks but never more than 35-40%.

my levels are:
amonia 0 ppm
ph 6.8
nitrates 0 ppm

i wanna bet its the bacteria infection again, which i treated w/ FURAN-2, and it basically brought my 2 parrots back from the dead.

my krib also has one fin that is basically gone BUT i just removed a pair of jerky jewels soo i assume they were nipped.

ANYWAY, opinions are always appreciated. i was thinking of treating w/ the FURAN-2 again but i figured i would see what my peeps thought.

LEMME KNOW!!!!!!!!!

thanks,
ronnie

I'd say post this in the sick fish section, but at least this will bump it.

If your fish isn't showing any changes, and it isn't spreading, I wouldn't unessecarily treat it. You may kill good bacteria without cause.

Pics would definitely help. Ich sometimes starts locally, so keep an eye on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom