Advice re Ich in Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Razorbackfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Three of my five silver hatchets have white spots. This is my first ich outbreak, and I've been reading all the posts on it, but I want to double-check the best treatment for my particular tank:

silver hatchets (only ones with white spots right now)
black neons
von rio tetras
albino corys
nerite snails
plants (nothing fancy; marimo ball, java ferns, anubias)

My plan is to slowly increase the temperature up to 88 degrees and keep it there for at least a week after I last see white spots. Is that right? Will my fish/snails tolerate the heat that long? I will add additional aeration, too.

Any other suggestions? Thanks so much!

Razorbackfan said:
Three of my five silver hatchets have white spots. This is my first ich outbreak, and I've been reading all the posts on it, but I want to double-check the best treatment for my particular tank:

silver hatchets (only ones with white spots right now)
black neons
von rio tetras
albino corys
nerite snails
plants (nothing fancy; marimo ball, java ferns, anubias)

My plan is to slowly increase the temperature up to 88 degrees and keep it there for at least a week after I last see white spots. Is that right? Will my fish/snails tolerate the heat that long? I will add additional aeration, too.

Any other suggestions? Thanks so much!

Yep increase your heat slowly, adding additional aeration is a good idea to help with oxygen. My fish & my snails are coping well with the heat just fine & my temp is 89. Pwc every 2 - 3 days helps too. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom