Advince on filter replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felku

Aquarium Advice Activist
3 months ago I upgraded from a 10g tank to a 30g one. The filter I have been using is a mariland the one that comes with the biowheel. I got tire of working with the biowheel to work , I have to fix that very often and I got tire and I'm looking for an upgrade.

I have been reading a lot about canister vs. hbo filters, I'm not sure if buying a different hbo filter or moving to a canister one. I just want a good filter that doesn't require as much work as I have been doing with the mariland. Any suggestion or advice it will be appreciated.

A canister filter would be too expensive for a 30 Gallon. I would just buy a good hang on back filter and change the cartridge to some coarse sponge for easy use.

I bought a Sunsun 302 canister and it was $63 back then and cheaper now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472845985.603216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use a Fluval Aquaclear 50 on the back of my 30 because I too got sick of the marineland biowheel filter. Highly recommend the aquaclear filters. I use them on all my tanks and they are so easy to clean and maintain.

I use a Fluval Aquaclear 50 on the back of my 30 because I too got sick of the marineland biowheel filter. Highly recommend the aquaclear filters. I use them on all my tanks and they are so easy to clean and maintain.

I second the recommendation of the Aquaclears. I have an AC 50 and an AC 20 on my 20-long, and the water conditions are near-perfect. The great thing about AC's is that their design makes it easy to keep use any media you want, unlike other HOBs that try to force you to buy their cartridges. (y)

Love the AC, but I LOVE my fluval 206. The 106 would do a bang up job on a 30 gal for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom